Shriram City's supportive work culture has helped employees grow professionally and has enhanced Employee satisfaction. The important attributes for this culture has been
- Good relationship with colleagues, managers and subordinates.
- Branch proximity for customers and employees. Most employees are recruited from local communities and employee referrals are valued. This has enabled employees to easily establish and maintain a lasting personal relationship with the customers.
- Promoting an employee based culture that gives them decision making authority to customize products according to the needs of the customer.
- Work profile in sync with the skills of the employee
- Providing an environment of learning and support to employees leading to lower attrition rates
- Enthusiastic field staff who are passionate about providing financial services at the door steps of customers
- Excellent employee bonding
Mr. Senthil Murugan – Manager, Shriram City Coimbatore
“Our customer relations are very good. We have many repeat customers, who trust us. One of my customers was sanctioned a trade loan of Rs. One lakh, which he urgently wanted, within ten days. He prepaid the loan within 6 month and became a repeat customer. He subsequently took a lorry loan of Rs. Three lakhs, Chit for One lakh and insurance of Rs.30000/-. Apart from that, he also gave me additional reference”
Mr. Swaminathan joined the Shriram Group as an administrative officer in the year 1989. Today he is the Vice President of Shriram City and is responsible for the management and development of 58 branches across Chennai.
The various posts he held at Shriram are - Assistant Manager, Junior Manager, Branch Manager, and Divisional Manager & Regional Manager.
“When I became the Branch Manager of Tiruvarur in 1996, after few years of being The Manager at Musiri, Tiruvarur branch topped all the other branches for three years in Deposits and collections. I was then asked to head the T Nagar Branch in Chennai, which was in a mess. By getting an individual depositor for Rs.2 crores, the face of the T Nagar branch changed and today it is one of the leading branches.”
“At Shriram, performance is valued and appreciated. If you are a responsible person with a few bright ideas then you will always be rewarded at Shriram. The salaries might not be on par with the leading financial services company but the incentives and benefits at Shriram are much higher than any other company. I have had no complaints with regard to my financial compensations as Shriram is the most transparent organization that I have ever seen.”
“We are involved in moulding people according to their skill set and training them in what they like and aspire, instead of forcing them to do something that they do not want to do. This has been the success mantra at Shriram and I have been following this ardently with my team members. It has made people enjoy their work and contribute to the growth of Shriram”.